Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cops Cruisin' on Woodward Ave.

Royal Oak Michigan Police - Woodward Dream Cruise

   The Royal Oak Police Department was ready for the Woodward Dream Cruise, and so was I (though I think it was a little more fun for me).   

Royal Oak Michigan Police - Woodward Dream Cruise

With over 1 million attendees expected, 400 police officers were deployed for the event.  From my 'observation point/s' the crowds appeared orderly - just out to enjoy the beautiful day and the classic cars.
Royal Oak Michigan Police
Cops were visible 'cruisin' Woodward Ave. 

Police Woodward Dream Cruise
Police Woodward Dream Cruise



 The police were on foot, bikes, horses,

Oakland County Sheriffs Mounted Unit

motorcycles,

Oakland County Sheriffs Motorcycles
even in dune buggies.

Dune Buggy Police

I haven't heard the attendance counts as of yet, nor have I heard if there were any arrests or tickets issued.  Sadly, channel 7 did report that a corvette was stolen in Birmingham.  Hopefully, it will be recovered soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment