Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

World's Longest Yard Sale

Exit for US 127 Interstate 94 Michigan

   What is 690 miles long, starts in Michigan and ends in Alabama?  The World's Longest Yard Sale and Professor Kim D was there (at least for a little bit of it).  A nice ride, pretty, rural and relaxing even if you don't find anything to buy.
US 127 Michigan


   My mom was on the hunt for Fiestaware.  Yes, I know you can buy it in the stores, but maybe she is looking for discontinued pieces or colors.  I don't know she didn't tell me anything other than to look for Fiestaware, so I look.  I have no idea what I am looking for, but I'll know it when I see it.

Entering Pure Michigan on US 127
   We went a little ways into Ohio and then came back to Michigan.  We stopped at one farm that had this beautiful horse named Prince - he even had blue eyes.  The man said I could pet Prince if I wanted to, he said that he was very friendly and liked attention, so both mom and I petted him.  I was now satisfied that the day had been a success if for no other reason than I got to pet a horse.

Prince lives on a farm in Ohio

   Mom did buy a couple of small things (no Fiestaware sitings) and I got a watermelon and head of cabbage from a farm stand.  We did see some unusual items for sale.

Play Free Golf picture

Plow

Vintage Wheelchairs
Don't Walk Sign
Subway Signs
   I might have bought the Subway signs, well if they were subway signs from the NY subway.  
What would you be looking for, and what would you buy at the World's Longest Yard Sale?

No comments:

Post a Comment