Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Animals, the Connection Begins at Home

              No these were not my pets, even dad would have said no to these.
Jabari and Kivuli at the Detroit Zoo


 I am an animal lover.  I have always had pets - lots of pets.  Thanks dad.  When mom said 'NO', you always said 'YES'.  In fairness to mom, maybe a couple of times 'NO' was the better answer.  Well, it all eventually worked out OK. 
   We certainly know how to use animals for food, experimentation and have longed use them to perform certain tasks.  We often exploit animals for our entertainment. They call you a 'pet owner', but I don't necessarily like that term.  It makes me think about when people say, 'God gave us dominion over the animals'.  OK, but that means we should be 'Good Stewards' and respect what was given to us.  Having pets taught me empathy, unconditional love, and responsibility.  There is definitely  psychological and physiological aspects of that 'Human-Animal Bond' that we are only starting to really explore and understand the dynamics and capabilities of.  If my pets could teach me empathy, unconditional love and responsibility then they can do the same and more for others. 
Join me on the journey.
#MIBP3 

Watch and see if this makes you smile.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment