Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

Katrina 10 Years Gone

Brick at Little Shelter Animal Rescue & Adoption Center

   After Katrina and seeing all the news coverage of the devastation and dislocation I wanted to do something - anything to help.  So I was thrilled when  my friend, and co-worker asked if I'd be interested in going to Mississippi to volunteer with the animal rescue efforts.  I'm in, just tell me where and when. Hey, I'm a First Responder and this is what I do.
    HSUS (Humane Society of the United States) had organized the operation in Hattiesburg, MS.  So we mapped out our route and  packed our bags.  Our co-workers took up a collection to pay for our gas, etc and some even bought supplies to bring to the people down there.  We packed up the pick up truck, (and honestly we couldn't have fit one more thing in) and we were off.  
The greatest adventure of my life.   

Pathway where Katrina commemorative brick is at Little Shelter

No comments:

Post a Comment